Monday 12 May 2014

April Photos

Yeah, I know. It's halfway through May. But I didn't take enough pictures for the current month yet.

Here are some of the images of April:


This is the fifty or sixty year old dogwood (Maybe ash?) behind the garage.






The yard looks like Mordor in this picture. That's because the tree trimmer I hired convinced me that Dad's magnificent fourty-year-old rosebushes needed to be trimmed to the ground. You know, for their health.










I'm really scared that I've killed them, but everyone says that roses like to be trimmed.







My hope is that these will be the "before" pictures, and when the roses have grown out again I can post the beautiful "afters."


The Blood Moon of April 15.


And here's the regular Moon. I'm a bit obsessed with it.





Hello there, Magpie.

These birds are hard to photograph, because they never stand still! And on top of that, they have black head feathers, black eyes and black beaks, which makes the features blur together. Got this one, though.








And finally, at long last, the first robin of spring!

This little guy was nearly invisible, but I saw something hopping around on the other side of the alley and just knew it was a robin. So I ran for the camera and viola!

No comments: